Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Enigmatic: Birth of The Hitman


I vividly remember when I was told I would never play at a high D1 level. My entire life I have lived in the shadow of others. I’ve always had to work harder than the next man because nothing was ever given to me. That is what my competitive nature is generated from. I am the definition of what you call an “underdog”. And quite frankly I love it. I love being doubted. I love being hated. I love being underestimated. I love being misunderstood. I love being told “I can’t” do something. To be honest, I rather be hated than loved if I can’t have both. Growing up against all odds embedded a “me against the world” mindset. I adopted the alter ego of a hit man in high school after creating a list…I called it my “Hit List”. This list consisted of highly touted players’ shadows that I lived in. I felt that I was just as good if not better than these guys but the only difference is that they had a name and I was a “nobody”. I wanted to take out every moving target and that’s what I did. After I started to go though my list, I slowly started to get noticed. What makes me different is that I’m not a jealous person considering being someone who is always an afterthought. I never hero-worshiped nor hated the next man. I respect everyone but fear no one.

Aside from my hit list, my alter ego stems from being alone. When you receive so much hate and doubt you really feel like you are against the world. Have you noticed that in some hit man movies, the assassins’ family is usually murdered during their childhood or they’ve been betrayed and seek revenge? Hypothetically, this is the epitome of my alter ego. I feel that by taking out all of the “politicians”, our competition would only result to the naysayer’s eating their own words.

A new chapter in my life now begins as I face new obstacles and assignments in search of my dream: The NBA. Along with the new beginning comes new hatred, doubt and other negativity. This will be the biggest challenge of them all but I’m far from discouraged.  I’m use to being “David” and I’m going to take advantage of every opportunity to slay “Goliath” You know its funny how history really does repeats itself as I find myself writing out a new hit list. I call this Operation "No Love".
 -003

                                                           

1 comment:

  1. Leezy can you tell us who exactly you have on your hitlist.... Reveal the names please!

    ReplyDelete